Can you blend strategic thinking and design excellence? Do you look for creative ways to express tactical thinking and solve business problems? Can you coordinate and collaborate with both clients and colleagues alike?
We are looking for someone who has a strong background design with the ability to think critically, capable of everything from compelling brands to robust layouts.
You’ll be expected to generate creative ideas and concepts, move projects forward with little supervision, and provide an active contribution to the success of our versatile team of strategic thinkers. This may include opportunities to take a leadership role on projects, depending on your experience.
What you’ll do
- Meet with clients to understand their projects and ideas via discovery and brainstorming sessions.
- Assist in project scoping and writing of design briefs that fit clients’ budget and needs.
- Support and fulfill creative tasks on large- and small-scale projects, including presentations, reports, magazines, brochures, websites, branding, social media.
- Write and plan effective design-oriented proposals.
- Communicate routinely with clients.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other designers and content creators to develop exciting ideas and concepts and to clarify issues and solve problems.
- Follow or develop brand guidelines and style guides to ensure consistency across brand assets.
- Use your unique voice to convey design recommendations in a productive manner and interpret feedback to design iteratively.
- Exercise strong judgment and project management skills to balance priorities and communicate with clients and team members.
- Further develop your skillset via personal education and skills development.
What you need
- Three or more years’ graphic design (or related) experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to explain conceptual thinking clearly and effectively
- Superior skills using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, specifically the creation of templates and trouble-shooting issues
- Knowledge of Asana, Slack and Toggl, Sketch, Invision and Miro is an asset
- Curiosity and enthusiasm to explore and learn new creative digital platforms
- Experience working on large-scale web projects, with an understanding of UX and UI
- Applied foundation in visual design practices including knowledge of composition, colour theory, typography and design in a digital-first environment
- Confidence working in a fast-paced, high-output environment, with the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Excellent collaborative skills and experience working in a team environment, with the ability to convey recommendations in a productive manner and apply constructive feedback to projects
- Ability to help us nurture a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Formal accessibility training for the creation of accessible PDF documents is an asset
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
Sound like you? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us in detail why you’d be a great fit.
Careers at Stiff
We believe equity and inclusivity lead to better work and a better world. We do our best to have a work environment that reflects the diversity of all humans. We encourage self-declaration and welcome applications from women, BIPOC, members of LGBTQ2S+ communities, and people with visible and non-visible disabilities.